Holtzbrinck Ventures is looking for an associate in our newly opened Berlin office.
Founded in 2000, we are one of the leading independent European early stage funds. For over 15 years we have believed in the disruptive potential of the Internet and have been supporting founders in developing their Internet businesses. During this time, we as a team have invested in over 150 businesses, such as Zalando, Wooga, Lazada, Global Fashion Group, Groupon, Quandoo, Flixbus MeinFernbus, HelloFresh, Westwing, Home24, Delivery Hero and many others (http://www.holtzbrinck-ventures.com/portfolio/).
As an associate you will scan the European consumer internet market to identify the best seed / early-stage investment opportunities for HV, push the deals internally until closing of a transaction and continue working with the companies all the way through to an exit. As full representative of the fund, you will be very present in the market, connect with entrepreneurs and investors.
Your main responsibilities will include:
– Represent HV in the market, develop individual deal sourcing network
– Deal flow sourcing, evaluation and recommendation
– Market analysis leading to own investments hypotheses and focus topics
– Investment due diligence, deal and exit execution
– Portfolio management with partners/principals and on your own
– Operational support of companies, follow-up financing rounds, financial reporting
– Excellent academic background
– 3+ years work experience (startup, consulting, banking, Internet company)
– Proven entrepreneurial intentions or background
– Knowledge of and strong interest in the Consumer Internet market
– Charismatic, open, positive and winning personality
– German speaker
Please send your CV and an additional note on your entrepreneurial experience, personal and / or professional exposure to the internet / startup market, your view on interesting trends and start-ups will be read with high interest.