Deutsche Version? Hier entlang!
The Spin-off Award is the only official award for outstanding spin-offs of RWTH Aachen University. The award provides spin-offs with the opportunity to effectively promote their business through the close connection to RWTH Aachen University, especially in an early business stage.
Winners of the Spin-off Award 2017
Any start-up of RWTH Aachen University that has formally been founded within the past two years may apply for the award.
The Spin-off Award is the visible label for a strong connection between a young business and RWTH Aachen University. The university’s logo must not be used by spin-offs for legal reasons – therefore, the Spin-off Award is an excellent opportunity to distinguish from competitors. You may, for instance, show the spin-off label on your company website to signal your close connection to one of the most prestigious universities for science and technology.
Due to the fact that only ten spin-offs are awarded each year, the spin-off award is a real seal of excellence!
Selection and awarding ceremony
A jury of members of RWTH’s Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship Centre will choose the winners. The Spin-off Award will officially be bestowed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Malte Brettel at the Aachen Technology & Entrepreneurship Conference (ATEC). Moreover, the winners will be listed in a dedicated category on the RWTH Aachen University website. This makes your spin-off easily detectable for potential future business partners.
All start-ups of RWTH Aachen University that have been founded within the past two years.
The Spin-off Award will be released twice a year. The application period takes place in May/June and November/December.
Spin-offs will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Connection to RWTH Aachen University – how is the technology or innovation connected to the university?
- Spin-off’s innovation potential – how innovative is the business model?
- Feasibility of innovation and/or business model – how well is the planned implementation thought through?
- Potential profitability – does the spin-off financially stand on solid ground? How likely is it that the spin-off is capable of marketing their product successfully?
- Lighthouse effect – is the spin-off an exceptional example of entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University?
- Overall impression – how convincing and professional is the application overall?
Any further questions? Send us an e-mail to email@example.com!